Harm of chloramine
When it comes to swimming pool management, it will inevitably involve our protagonist-“chloramine”.
You are no stranger to chloramine. The pungent smell in swimming pools is mainly chloramine, and we often mistake it for too much chlorine.
Although traditional pool managers have tried many ways to control chloramines, they seem to be unsatisfactory. In many modern facilities, it is not uncommon for chloramines to accumulate in the air, and its hazards are also multi-faceted:
- Endangering the respiratory health of users and staff
- It will accelerate the corrosion of the swimming pool and shorten the life cycle of the building. Especially stainless steel equipment (lifeguard racks, handrails, springboards, springboard railings, etc.) may cause discoloration and corrosion.
Advantages of UV removal of chloramines
- Medium-pressure ultraviolet rays destroy all chloramines, monochloramines, dichloramines and trichloramines. Greatly reduce the potential harm to indoor people.
- Ultraviolet disinfection equipment has a high degree of integration and low maintenance costs. Save the time and energy of the operator.
- Only energy is needed, without adding any other chemical reagents. Effectively save the chemical cost required for chlorine preparations.
Which is more suitable for medium pressure and low pressure
The installation location of the UV sterilizer: the raw swimming pool water passes through the hair/cotton filter, filter, ultraviolet rays, peripheral equipment, and then returns to the pool.
How to choose between low-voltage equipment and medium-voltage equipment is mainly based on actual needs. The general differences between the two are as follows:
1. Low-pressure (LP) ultraviolet light: single band, disinfection-oriented, can remove monochloramine; low energy consumption, higher relative maintenance cost, and larger installation location.
2. Medium-pressure (MP) ultraviolet rays: multi-wavelength, disinfection, monochloramine; dichloramine and trichloramine can only be removed by MP, reducing maintenance and site requirements, but higher energy consumption
Development direction of ultraviolet disinfection equipment
- Through the use of PPM and total chloride probe, the output of ultraviolet intensity is adjusted to achieve the purpose of precise treatment.
- The power adjustment of medium pressure lamp can reduce energy consumption.
- Optimize the bypass design to reduce the impact of maintenance on the system.
- Accurate grasp of the dosage requirements for different swimming pool environments.
- According to the comprehensive factors such as flow rate, pool diameter, pool type (treatment pool, spa, competition pool, etc.), disinfection method (salt, bromine or chlorine) and other comprehensive factors, configuration and selection.
- A complete data management platform helps customers to better establish quality control root tracking.
Renownuv Vision: By focusing on the continuous development of products and services to guide customer needs, become a professional company recognized by global users.
Renownuv mission: establish a highly competitive technology company through a unique culture, provide customers with excellent products, and enable them to establish a deep relationship with the company.
This article is Renownuv’s original article, please attach the source for reprinting:www.renownuv.com